Friday, November 03, 2006

Become a Millionaire in Home Based Business

I got started in the home-based business industry 6 years ago when I jumped into my then-boyfriend's, now husband's MLM venture. I was definetely excited and saw the potential to achieve a six-figure income. The problem...there was no system and I had no business experience. I was teaching high school and that's about all I knew how to do; teach Biology and manage teen-agers. What I learned was NO SYSTEM + NO BUSINESS EXPERIENCE = NO MONEY.

I gave it a good "try" but didn't find the success I was looking for. Plus, I wasn't too motivated by the health products I was attempting to move and there was quite a stock pile building up in my apartment b/c of the obligatory autoship required to stay a part of the company. One I had enough product stocked up for my next 10 lifetimes, I decided to cancel my enrollment and focus my energies back into teaching and tutoring. Not that I was happy teaching...unless someone likes working way too hard for way to little, they most likely don't like teaching in the public school system. Unless they are an angel.

So, four years ago when another opportunity crossed my path, I was skeptical. However, I heard from some of the people who were successful; ridiculously successful and they all sounded like normal people. I couldn't figure it out. No degrees, no special qualities but they were making $40K, $50K, even more a month. So I took a good look and what they had was a system. A simple system easy enough for me to follow. They also had leadership that was accessible. Real people with real results that I could connect to for guidance and support.

Within 3 months of following the system, my husband and I were making over $20K/month and were able to walk away from our jobs. By our seventh month, we were making six-figures a month. How did we become millionaires in home-based business so quickly and how can you get the results you want too? Here's 10 steps to take when taking the leap into home-based business.
  1. Choose a business that has a system that is easy to follow. The friends, family and neighbors business model may make you a few hundred dollars but unless you've got thousands of friends and family or a really wealthy network, you're not going to get rich with it.
  2. Choose a company that is solid. Start-ups may be appealing, but what is their model, who's in charge and do they have the cash to grow the busienss? Have the principles owned any other companies and what happened with those? What kind of legal advice does the company have to ensure they are doing everything legal? Some companies have already been through Attorney General investigations and other regulatory agencies, these are the best because they've proven themselves and were willing to pay the price to keep the company going.
  3. Choose a company with accessible leadership. You should be able to speak to a top income earner directly before getting started and get their contact information.
  4. What training is in place? Training is essential. Choose a company that has more than a once a month meeting.
  5. Products. Can you stand behind the product and personally find value yourself. Are the products unique, proprietary and beneficial or can they be found on any supermarket or healthfood store shelf? Be a product of the product. Doing what you believe in is critical to your success.
  6. Compensation Model: What is the compensation model and how do you get paid. How lucrative is it? Choose a company where customers pay you directly rather than a company paying you. If the company ever were to experience financial challenges, you would be the first to not get paid. Also, is their compensation lucrative enough to meet your financial expectations. Millionaires typically aren't made making $1.00 a sale unless you've got 100,000's in your organization. The most lucrative compensation plan I've seen is the Himalayan Hybrid.
  7. Time requirement: How much time is really required to build your business. After all, you're not looking for another job. Choosing a business with leverage and an easy system will reduce your time requirement substantially.
  8. Do they have a nationwide or international marketing system: Don't get tied to your backyard, city or state. Choose a company with a nationwide or international marketing plan. This will also give you total flexibilty in taking your business on the go.
  9. Leverage: Leverage is the key to wealth building. Leverage allows you to benefit financially from the efforts of others. What kind of leverage is built into the compensation model?
  10. Environment: Environment is one of the key elements of success. Does the business offer a community and environment that is empowering and conducive to your success? Find out how you can connect with the community to get a taste of the energy you'll be around.

Once you decide on the income vehicle that is right for you, give is 110%. Set powerful goals, take action and watch the results pour in!

More on becoming a millionaire? Learn Donald Trump’s Secrets to Building a Fortune

No comments:

Post a Comment