Tuesday, December 05, 2006

So Ridiculous

I was checking out Don Trump's blog this morning and one of his entries caught my eye:

Banning Tag
by Donald J. Trump


I know we're a lawsuit-happy society, but now I've heard everything.
Some schools throughout the country are forbidding kids to play games like "tag" - anything that has them running around - because the kids might get hurt on the playground. And if the kids get hurt, their parents might turn around and sue the school for endangering their children.


This is ridiculous. Kids have to be kids. They can't just sit at their desks all day with their hands folded, looking at the blackboard.

When they go out to recess, children have to be allowed to run around and relax. They have to be able to get all that excess energy out of their system or they aren't going to learn anything when they go back inside.

I can't believe schools are wasting their time even thinking about things like this. Forget the pushy parents. Forget the threat of lawsuits. Let the kids go out and play.

Is this the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard of? Kids have to be restricted out of fear of what their parents might do!!!!.

It's unfortunate that kids have to learn at an early age to blame everyone but themselves...we should be teaching personal resposibility, not blaming. What ever happened to, I fell because I ran and now I can choose whether I run again knowing I may fall? How will kids ever learn decision making abilities if they never get to experience consequences. Now they can't even have fun b/c the schools are afraid they'll be blamed and sued if they fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment