Wednesday, August 15, 2007

People Who Change the World: Bill Phillips

People often ask me what the key to my success in life has been.

It's simply been connecting with successful people and choosing to have them as my mentors.

I have many mentors in my life (most don't know they are), including Donald Trump, Oprah Winfrey, John Maxwell, Robert Kiyosaki, Anne Frank, and many others.

One of my mentors is a guy who has truly transformed the world; Bill Phillips.

I'm sure you've heard of him, the author of Body for Life and Eating for Life, his passion for helping people achieve health and balance is extraordinary.

In 1996, my grandfather, who was my best friend, passed away. Of all I had suffered through as a child, as an adult, I was devastated. I sunk into a deep depression and gained a significant amount of weight...over 100 pounds.

As I began to emerge from my depression, I came across Bill's book, Body for Life. I picked it up, bought it and used it. It was simple and practical. I ordered the transformational movie he produced, Body of Work. I watched it everyday for 2 months straight....and I still watch it.

After 90 days of working through Body for Life I took off 35 pounds. The second time another 30+. Finally, I was in great shape and feeling awesome.

Not only has Bill Phillips been a mentor to me for physical fitness, but also a demonstration of the law of reciprocation. That if I create value for other people, they will create value for me. He's inspired me to pursue my passion of becoming a talk-show host, creating a show on transformation to inspire people from all walks to realize their true potential.

Recently, I endured a terrible back injury. For almost 2 years I was unable to exercise or I was in rehabilitation. To make a long story short, I gained almost 30 pounds and my muscle mass went down significantly. I started Body for Life again on Sunday and am videotaping my progression...in case you are wondering, High Defintion video shows EVERYTHING...scary!

At the end of 90days I plan to create a video to share with people so they can see a real person getting real results. If we all use our own stories and set powerful goals, we can inspire people to realize they are unstoppable and can achieve anything they want in life.

I've had the honor of meeting Bill and being featured in his video. If you haven't seen his website, go to www.BillPhillips.com. He's on an international tour...do whatever you have to do to attend. I promise you it will be worth it. Simply by following his advice, connecting with is passion, I have seen remarkable results in my own life.

Bill truly is an example of what can happen in your life when you follow your passion, give to others and believe in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment