Thursday, February 19, 2009

A smile goes a long way

We all know how frustrating airports can be. Lines, angry TSA workers, panicking tourists rushing to make their flights. It can be a crazy place! Especially LAX.

John and I headed to Auckland yesterday day for our Bridging the Gap Workshop. We've been travelling so much lately...and having a blast!

In the next week weeks we're heading to Acapulco, The Caribbean, Florida, And back around..all by the end of March!

So, to make a long story short, I love travelling so the trip to the airport and through the airport is all part of the adventure. I kept my energy up and my smile bright and wouldn't you know it, the gate manager gave us the most spectacular seats we could get.

When we got to the gate to get our seating assignments, I greeted the obviously stressed out gate manager with a smile, a kind tone of voice and lots of patience. She reciprocated by giving us the best seats there were!

We enjoyed a very comfortable flight with plenty of room to relax and enjoy the flight.

As the plane pushed back from the jetway, I saw the gate manager operating the jetway. I gave her a smile, a thumbs up and so-long wave. She smiled back and waved back and it was obvious she was in a much better space than when I first met her at the counter.

So you see, a smile goes a long way. Not only did I make a difference in my own experience by getting great seats, but I also helped a very weary and frustrated airline employee feel good about her day.

Keep smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment