Friday, April 24, 2009

Who's the Guru?


I remember when I first met my husband John. It was online...Yahoo Personals to be exact and the first thing he sent me was his driver's license picture. Nothing flashy, just totally real. That's John, as real as it gets. He hides nothing, lives life to the fullest and gives everything he has to help people.

I struck gold when he answered my ad. It was during our first phone conversation that I fell totally in love and it's been that way ever since...11 years together and on April 28th, we celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary.

What I love most about John is his inner conviction and strength. He reminds me often of mine...letting me know that I am powerful, confident and knowing. He's supported me in everything I've ever wanted to do, and I've returned the support.

So, when he said he was going to write a book. A book that would impact lives. A book that would lay to rest all the "mysticism" regarding success. A book that people could follow as a road map to success (the same road map he's laid out to thousands of people who have had stellar results before he ever wrote the book. A book that would help people to regain their natural ability to get everything they want...an ability we're all born with but forget we have. I was all for it.

I new it would be good, but...

After so many years together, I sometimes forget just how amazing he is. When he handed me the manuscript to his book, Integrity is Everything, I was floored. He had kept it secret and wouldn't let me read a work until it was finished. He even went so far as to hole-up in a cabin in Cornville, Arizona.

I grabbed my coffee, sat on a couch, read it cover to cover and what I felt words can not even begin to describe. It's like I was filled with awe, joy, love, amazement all at once.

I've read alot of personal development books over the years...hundreds. Some were purely junk. Some were motivational but the motivation fizzled. Some were impactful. And some were just filled with ideas and then invalidations, attempting to manipulate me into thinking I need the next book or product or my life would forever have some void.

John's book was by far the most practical, real and impactful. It is the exact road map that both he and I have followed to go from poverty, abuse, disadvantage to wealth, freedom and abundance. Explained so simply, it is a book anyone can use, follow and get results with.

My favorite chapters (it's really hard to choose) are Meet the Guru and It's Not OK. What most authors would never present, John just lays out right before you.

Who's the guru? Well...you'll have to read it to find out.

What's Not OK? It's not what you think...but once you read it your life will never be the same. Promise.

I'm excited for you to read it too and to share with me the results you experience with it.

Thank you, John, for once again inspiring me. And, thank you Yahoo for connecting us ;)

To your success, with love.
Shannon

PS: Integrity is Everything is available on Amazon or on JohnLavenia.com.

1 comment:

  1. Shane Clevenger7:40 PM

    Shannon,
    Jenn and I celebrate 8 years on the 27th of april
    and our b-days are jan 9th and 12th- yours is the 10 I believe ... we have too much in common. lol
    Any way congrats, and thank you both for your stand for greatness
    Shane and Jenn Clevenger

    ReplyDelete