Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Choosing a Business That Fits for You

When I was first considering becoming an entrepreneur, I looked at all of my options. In speaking with a few very successful self-made millionaires, I was given some powerful advice:

  • First, choose a business you are passionate about.
  • Second, choose a business that has the growth potential to meet your immediate income goals.
  • Lastly, choose a business that has a broad marketplace as niche markets can sometimes stiffle growth.

I took a good look at myself and defined what I wanted. First, I wanted to generate at least $250,000 in net profit my first year. Most people told me I was nuts to think I could profit that much in a new business but I firmly believed I could. Second, I wanted a business that would empower people to break through their limitations to realize their true potential. I myself had overcome a tremendous amount of adversity and wanted to show people they could choose the life they wanted to live. After all, that's why I became a teacher - I just wasn't willing to work for $26K a year. Third, I wanted to work from home. I knew a home based business would provide freedom and I wasn't looking to borrow my life away to start a franchise so I could play with lettuce and work all day. I like to do what I want to do when I want to do it. So if I want to go for a swim at one o'clock in the afternoon, I wanted the freedom to do it. I began to contemplate the ideal business and focus on finding exactly what I wanted. I also began to sort through some of the junk and scams out there.

"Ask and ye shall receive"...the perfect home based business practically fell on my lap in the form of a little yellow flyer. John called in and we found a business that fit our criteria. A personal development company started by self-made millionaires with a curriculum to teach people how to massively excellerate their personal growth, drop the limiting beliefs and become an entrepreneur. We knew the personal development industry was exploding (click here for info on the industry) and growing at a rate of more than 8% per year.That mixed with a powerful direct sales compensation plan producing profits up to $8000.00 per sale, we knew we could quickly reach our goals and help others to do the same.

We checked out the marketplace and demographics of people wanting the products and we were pleasently suprised. The market place was diverse and the demographics were varied. Anyone looking for better results and more money was our marketplace. We got started, followed the simple business model provided to us, tapped into the coaching resources and within 90 days were producing more than $20K in net profit per month. Our seventh month we made over $100K in a single month.*

When looking to start a business, choose a business that meets your income goals and intentions while following the suggested criteria I mentioned above. In doing so, you'll find making money is an easy flowing experience.

*Results are not typical and are not represented as a guarantee of anyone's potential earnings.


No comments:

Post a Comment