Sunday, May 21, 2006

Keep the Big Picture in Mind

Keep the Big Picture in Mind: "The Big Picture Horizon: Time to Soar
by Donald J. Trump
Chairman, Trump University

Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-- Thoreau
Sometimes people spend too much time focusing on problems instead of focusing on opportunities. You have to keep the big picture in mind even when minding the details, or your vision could become micromanaged in an unnecessary way. I always try to keep two wavelengths going at once, which prevents brain cramps and reminds me that I�m destined for success. How do I know this is my destiny? Because like Thoreau, I believe we are born to succeed, not to fail. If I can believe it, you can believe it too.
Here�s how. First of all, dispel all negativity. Zap negative thoughts and people the moment they appear. Remember, problems are bound to crop up, but that's not a reason to get discouraged. Even problems can be turned around to your advantage, and sometimes surprising events can happen. When I had some financial problems back in the 1990s, I remember debating with myself whether or not to attend a black tie dinner at the Waldorf. I certainly didn�t feel like celebrating anything or talking to anyone, but I got dressed, went there, and as it turned out I was seated next to someone I really clicked with�and he was a banker. The chemistry for great things was there, and it was the last thing I had expected to happen. I had been in a negative mindset but my disciplined side took over, and without any expectations on my part, things took a decidedly better turn just because I showed up.
Second, you have to remain determined. If you have a big picture in mind, you will need big determination to go with it. The old saying � Rome wasn�t built in a day� is an apt one. There is no easy way, much as I�d like to tell you otherwise. Click Here to read the rest of Trump's powerful article.

No comments:

Post a Comment