Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Time for Fun!

One of the things I love most about working from home is the freedom!

When I worked a job, someone told me when I had to be at work, how long I had to stay, what I had to do...I was even told when I could go to the bathroom - can you imagine??? Yep, that's what I endured.

I am sooooo happy I stepped out of my comfort zone of that "work for a paycheck" way of being and into my own business. Life today, looks nothing like what it used to do.

Today, John and I decided we wanted to play air hockey. Since we don't have one in our home...actually we don't have room for one, can you believe that? 5300 sq feet and we don't have a spot for an air hockey table! I actually suggested we get rid of the dining room set and put one there...John wasn't hot on the idea.

So, we got in the Bentley and went to lunch. We went to Montana Avenue...gosh it was fabulous. Everyone else was in shirts,ties,dresses...all the business people there. Stressed out, rushed, acting all serious abou their 'very important' business conversations...that used to be us. We'll we sat there in our summer wear, relaxed and enjoyed ever single bite of our lunch and it was yummy. Laughing and just having a great time. You know, I love the fact that I have lunch with my husband every single day!

Then we drove down the street to the arcade. You know the type of place...they have go carts, batting cages, arcade games, mini golf. We walked right in and there were busses of kids there (apparently this is a cool 8th grade graduation trip). Everyone looked at us like, "What are these THESE people doing here"? We were the ONLY adults there who weren't employees or teachers. Can you believe that...we couldn't find even one parent there just having fun with their kids.

How sad...

Needless to say we had a blast. We played 5 games of air hockey and then wandered over to the driving games...the ones with the steering wheels and crazy street racing cars. That was a blast.



And all of this in the middle of the afternoon...just because we can! That's freedom.

And, if you think the looks we got when we walked into the place were intense...you should have seen the looks when we walked out and got in our Bentley!!!

I guess it is strange to most people...adults, having fun in the afternoon, driving a $190,000 car.

But...it's simply a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment