Saturday, June 28, 2008

Hawaii's only a few days away!


When people ask me my "secret of success" (people always think it's a secret), I let them know it was simply by finding successful people, modelling them and leveraging their experience.

For those who have met me, you know I'm not what you'd expect in a millionaire...I just like to hang out, drive my car (and drive it fast), shop and be with friends. I love to have fun! Sometimes it's rather shocking to people...I jump out of my Bentley in some old shorts, a "Life Is Good" T-shirt, hair in a poneytail...not a trace of make-up. It's like their expecting some serious person, the corporate type.

That's not me at all. I'm not a business whiz, nor a brain-i-ac. What I am is coachable!

When I first got started in business, I had to give up on the idea that I knew how to be successful or make money. Let's face it, I wasn't getting the results I wanted. The first step was stomping on my own ego so I could learn and learn quickly. I simply followed the guidance of those before me and before I knew it I was making more money than I could spend.

A bit of guidance I was given early on in business was to put myself in the environment of successful people. We've all heard the statistic from the Harvard study...your income is the average of your 10 closest friends. Basically what your peer group settles for you'll settle for. When I learned this, I stepped it up. I took every opportunity to emulate successful people and to inject myself into their environment.

A few months after starting in business, I was advised to go to a Liberty Conference. This is where the "Millionaire Makers" will be...the people making 100K a month and more. I hadn't made any money in my business and almost used this as a reason not to go...then I wised up and listened to the advice of the leader I was working with. He said do whatever it takes to be there. So we did.

And life was never the same again!

It was at this event that I got to experience wealth in it's truest form...generosity. As I sat by the pool talking to the top earners, they shared with me all of their insights on marketing, posture, goals, and more. They truly had mastered wealth and had no inhibition about competition, they laid out everything they knew. They were Generous in spirit, money (bought me a few drinks), energy and knowledge. I was inspired beyond belief.

And upon my return I made $20K+ in one week!

That's the power of environment. So, to say I'm excited about being at this upcoming Liberty Conference in Hawaii would be an understatement! I'm beyond myself with joy and excitement! Every event I attend has a profound effect on my and my business...a profound effect on the lives of so many people moving powerfully towards their goals.

I can't wait to personally meet you there!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:55 PM

    Well done for this wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:11 PM

    Hi Shannon!
    Well, as you are one of the leaders I'm closely modelling myself on I can't WAIT to meet you in Hawaii! Drinks by the pool are going to be fabulous and prepare to have your brain picked!

    See you there!
    Niamh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:18 AM

    Very inspiring story there, thanks a tonne for sharing your home business success.

    ReplyDelete