Thursday, October 09, 2008

Opportunity Knocks....Few People Answer

Actually, most people run, hide under their bed and complain about the noise!

There are two things that I have been in total awe about in the last 6 years since I became an entrepreneur.

The first is the amazing results people can have when they have a vision and apply a little bit of determination. I've seen single moms pull out of foreclosure to make over $500K within their first 12 months of business. I've watched as the most unassumming people, with hardly any business experience, become overnight millionaires because they had the "guts" to do it!

Opportunity is always knocking...the world is full of it!

The second thing that I have been in total awe at is people's absolute stupidity. Seriously. I'm always amazed at all the reason people have to NOT move forward in their life.

Today I got a response to my website www.trueprosperitynow.com and at the bottom of the response, this is what it said, "tired of working for others,would like to examine your info,but if this requires any upfront money please dont contact me.thanks"

I'm not kidding...I just couldn't make this stuff up. So, here's a guy who responds to the website of 2 self-made millionaires with a website full of incredible testimonials of people who have transformed their lives and he starts by saying, "if this costs money, don't contact me".

Basically he's saying, "I'm tired of working for others, but I don't believe in myself enough to do something that might have me take a risk (I'm a coward), so I'm doomed to work for someone for the rest of my life!".

Why is it that people use being broke as an excuse to stay broke?

I just don't understand the logic in it! When I was broke, I knew I had to do something to not be broke anymore. And...it was going to cost money. And...I had better figure out how to get it because being broke sucked.

Is it that people don't believe in themselves enough to bet on themselves? Or, do they really think that doing the same things that got them broke are going to magically produce more money?

It's the silliest thing I've ever seen...people saying, "right now I just can't afford to do a business".

Duh! You can't AFFORD not do to a business.

You've proved that everything you know to do WILL get you broke. You can be like most everyone else who's barking about gas prices or bitching about their paycheck. You can be like the other people who actually believe the economy is going to affect your income. You can join the ranks of the people who'd rather watch Desperate Housewives than spend time accomplishing greatness.

We need people like that in the world to pour the coffee, answer the phones, file the papers and sit in the cubicles. They provide awesome service and are totally appreciated!

But, unless you are willing to take a risk and bet on yourself, stop pretending you want better results, because when it really boils down to it and you're called to the mat to make a decision...to make decisions like entrepreneurs do, you just can't do it!

When opportunity knocks, some people find a million reasons why the "timing isn't right", or "it's not the right opportunity".

The best are the people who contact me who I find in my database from 2 or 3 years ago...years have passed and they are STILL looking. Procrastination is a killer. It's not the timing that isn't right...it's the person. The timing is ALWAYS right to make money. ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS. But for some people, they'll never be right.

It's no wonder less than 1% of the world enjoys my lifestyle...there's few people who are willing to put their money where their mouth is, few people who have the fortitude or determination to really live their life to the fullest.

All I know is I made a decision to take action, plugged into a system and in less than 2 years was a millionaire. Here's all the reasons I had to NOT do it "I don't know anythign about business. Sounds like a scam. Too good to be true. What if I fail? I don't have the money. Maybe the market's saturated. I don't have any experience. I don't know how to use a computer."

But, I looked in the mirror and I just knew that if anyone could do it, I could. Period, end of story.

So to those of you who do what it takes day in and day out...YOU ROCK! Thank you for being an example of SUCCESS, ACHIEVEMENT AND BOLDNESS. You make the world go round.

3 comments:

  1. Great article Shannon. Hope you have a fantasic time in the Bahamas! At this time, I am one of those cowards... lol... not proud of it, just being honest. Have allowed a lot of personal issues interfer with my business. When you get back I would love to chat and get back in the game!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is powerful, Shannon. I don't understand why anyone chooses to ignore opportunity.
    Thanks for your service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's unfair of you to take the moral high ground with the visitor to your?? website ( looks like it's a MAN promoting this site ?? )who didn't want to put money upfront ... like me and thousands of others looking for a GENUINE home based business he's probably been scammed out of hundreds of dollars by having to pay up before he really knows what he is getting for his money !! There are thousands of sites out there run by people who proclaim they are "self made millionaires" and thousands of testimonies on these sites which are false !!! ... And like the guy on your blog, I have found out the hard way that a lot of the " millionaires" only are because they are the top of the tree of a MLM / pyramid style scheme & the ONLY ones making money are THEM !!! Have a little compassion for those of us who, despite being taken down time & time again !!!, are STILL out there looking for the REAL DEAL !!

    ReplyDelete