Saturday, January 06, 2007

Acknowledging Your Success

Today I had to opportunity to spend time with some great friends of mine. These friends are mentors that I hold dear...they have served as a guiding light on the path to success and have assisted me in facing myself to create my life as it is now. I honor who they are and the journey they have endured to their success. It's been an honor having them as partners in my success!

During our visit, we were reminiscing about the journey we have been on together for the last 4 years. While we talked, I realized how often I acknowledge the journey I have been on; often looking back at how things were and how things are now. But, what I often miss are the right here, right now wins. The little things that add up to big things. The daily acknowledgements of my success. It's easy to focus on what isn't right, what isn't working, what people aren't doing or what I'm not getting...it's like a TV re-run; a program that just keeps repeating itself. To consciously choose to focus on the wins in a new habit I'm committed to developing.

Acknowledging ourselves for the day to day wins that move us forward is so critical to our achievements. Afterall, success begets success. The more successful we feel the more successful we become the more successful we are to others inspiring their success as well. It's builds confidence and allows us to see how powerful we are in our own lives. It's WIN/WIN.

Now comes the follow-through! So, here is my idea. I am going to keep an acknowledgement journal. Each day I will write in it my win for the day. At night I'll acknowledge my win before going to bed (always wonderful to focus on success before resting) and in the morning I'll wake to it. I'm excited to see the results that manifest in my life as a result of instilling this habit.

Would you like to join me in the journey? This will be a blast! Once a week, I'll create a blog entry sharing one of my successes and we can all share in each other's wins. It could be something in business, home, health, family, etc. Anything that is a success in your day. Simply click on the "Comment" button and submit your win for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment