Thursday, January 25, 2007

Viva Las Vegas!

I just returned from Las Vegas where John and I hosted a one day training event for about 400 of our team members. It was fabulous. I'm not in the event planning business, that is for sure...but this event was spectacular.

What struck me most was the energy, momentum and power that comes from having 400 excited people who are all moving forward in their life come together to support each other in success. The people who attended were simply amazing. The diversity of the crowd struck me too - there were people in their early 20's all the way to people in their 70's and 80's. All different backgrounds, ethnicities, shapes and sizes...it was wonderful. What everyone had in common was a desire to create greatness in their life and the willingness to learn and grow.

Which brings me to Las Vegas. I can absolutely say I dont' like Vegas. I'm not a gambler, I don't smoke and if it weren't for the shows, I probably would never go there. It's a place of desperation...people blindly hoping to win a jackpot, sucking down some pollution and wasting precious time. I watched some of them... like drones just hitting the button on the slots over and over and over again.

Wake up! is what I say. Everyone is filled with such incredible potential. Instead of "hoping" to win a jackpot, you could create your own. You could live a fulfilled life of greatness, job and prosperity. It's simply a choice.

Anyways, this was a great weekend, spending time with other self-made millionaires, inspiring millionaires and people who are committed to experiencing life to the fullest instead of watching it pass by at a slot machine.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Shannon,
    I was one of the 400 team members that was at this event... it was the most rewarding day of my time spent so far with this "team". Now remember, I only joined this team less than a month ago... so I expect it is only going to get better from here (Cancun / Australia... here I come!) I truly enjoyed all the extreme knowledge that was shared and presented at this event. I am already applying 100% of what I learned to my new business... and with great success I must add! But, what I really took away from this event was the "stories" of people. I had been raised that millionares like this really didn't exist. But, they were all REAL people with REAL stories. From the Home Depot guy to the Quizno guy to the Division I Women's Coach, to the incredible young Puerto Rico woman. I was truly more inspired by these "stories"... thank you, Shannon and your husband John! And by the way, I think you are a great event coordinator!

    With Kindest regards,
    Debbie Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon-
    You did such an incredible job with that event! I know it wasn't easy. And you're right about Vegas, I've been to Las Vegas several times in the past, but I look at it differently now. I see rows and rows of glazed over faces mindlessly pressing the button over and over with their little credit cards plugged into the machines. That's not life, it just looks like a waste. I choose to engage and create!
    I got so much value out of that training, I really fell like I got tons of bang for my buck from the various speakers.
    It was a fantastic opportunity to immerse myself in the energy of properity by just being in that room with 400 like-minded individuals.
    Thank you so much for providing that forum for us to get together and mastermind - it was awesome. I not only walked away with some great ideas on how to make my LLI business run smoother, but also came up with several other money making ideas while brainstorming with my LLI family.
    YOU INSPIRE ME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:12 PM

    I can not begin to say enough about the Las Vegas event! As with all Liberty League events, I left there with yet another full charge of adrenaline and ready to give my business another boost! The leadership here is amazing and Shannon I must say you exude leadership, confidence, and success. I have learned much from you in my 7 months here. I am grateful to Liberty League and the leadership of the Extreme Team as I have recently been able to quit my JOB and start living! Thanks for all you do and see you in Cancun!!

    Robin Schmid Lincoln Nebraska

    ReplyDelete
  4. I arrived at Las Vegas on Friday and decided to take a walk down the strip. At first I thought to myself "This place is a dump!" Rather run down looking until I got closer to the heart of it around the Mirage. Things change quite a bit in that area. It would be fun to stay down there for a few days and see some shows, but it would never be my top vacation destination by a long shot.

    The event was fantastic - I am looking forward to Cancun and Sydney!

    As I walked to my room Saturday night around 10:30pm, I thought to myself "I can't be in Las Vegas and not gamble a LITTLE bit". So I gambled away $5.00. I was HOPING to win a huge jackpot, but it didn't happen. Rats! :-)

    ReplyDelete